Prosecution and Defense
Over the past ten years, our firm has litigated trademark, copyright, commercial, and employment issues in Vermont, New York, California, Colorado, Washington, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin. These matters include representation of:
- Pursuing trademark infringers;
- Defending against allegations of trademark infringement;
- Pursuing copyright infringers;
- Defending against allegations of copyright infringement;
- Bringing actions for breaches of commercial contracts, including distribution agreements and software programming services;
- Defending employees against claims for breach of non-compete agreements
Cease & Desist Letters
In the field of trademarks and copyrights, litigation generally begins with a “cease-and-desist” letter demanding that the alleged infringer immediately stop engaging in the allegedly infringing conduct. The cease-and-desist notice often provides the opportunity to settle the dispute through negotiation prior to litigation. A party that doesn’t respond to a case-and-desist letter runs the risk of being sued, at which point negotiated settlements and defense become far more expensive.
If you have received a cease-and-desist letter, or wish to send one, or if you have been sued or want to sue someone for breach of contract of any kind, or for trademark or copyright infringement, please feel free to email us with any questions or to set up a phone consultation. Our initial consultation with you is always free of charge.