Corporate & Commercial
Please feel free to email us with any questions or to set up a phone consultation. Our initial consultation with you is always free of charge.
Contract Negotiation, Preparation and Advice
Contracts are critical to every business. Businesses that try to handle the preparation of contracts by themselves – or worse, use forms found or purchased on the internet – often discover when it’s too late that the contract overlooked crucial details and legal requirements, or contained unanticipated pitfalls. We have extensive experience in preparing and advising our clients on a wide range of agreements specific to our clients’ business needs and locations. These include, by way of example,
- Intellectual property (trademark and copyright) licensing agreements
- Master services agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Manufacturing and Supply Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- “Work Made for Hire” and “Work Product” Agreements
- Non-Competition Agreements
- LLC Operating Agreements
- Asset Purchase Agreements
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreements
- Application Development Agreements
- Terms and Conditions of Sale business-to-business (B2B)
- Website terms and conditions and privacy policies
- Recording Artist Agreements
- Production Agreements
- Publishing Administration Agreements
- Product Sponsorship Agreements
- Model Releases
Employee Handbooks are important to the smooth functioning of any business with more than a few employees. Although most states consider Employee Handbooks not to be enforceable contracts in themselves, employers may nevertheless be held accountable to specific representations and procedures specified in their Handbooks. Boilerplate handbooks provided by employment services providers often contain provisions that are unnecessary or lack the appropriate specificity for your business, or they may lack crucial provisions altogether. Moreover, in the process of preparing Employment Handbooks for our clients, we have often encountered important employment issues that our clients (and the boilerplate handbooks) simply overlooked.
We have prepared comprehensive Employee Handbooks for a wide variety of business located in New York (including New York City), New Jersey, Vermont, and California, but we can prepare Employee Handbooks for any U.S. state or municipality.
Are you considering suspending or terminating an employee? Consult with us before you do. Employee suspension and termination can often give rise to legal claims by the employee. We can guide employers through this potential minefield and prepare enforceable termination and settlement agreements.