We have extensive experience in all aspects of trademark law, including:
- U.S. trademark registration on a fixed fee basis. (Read more)
- Foreign trademark registration — If you want to register your trademark internationally, please consult with us. We do not charge for initial consultation. Pricing depends upon the particular countries and jurisdictions where you want to register, as well as other factors such as the order of registration. Over the years, we have developed certain approaches to keep costs down.
- Maintenance and renewal of trademarks — U.S., Foreign and International (Madrid Protocol). (Read more)
- Domestic trademark agent services for international attorneys, firms, agents or associates — (For more information, please contact us for our special rates and terms.)
By law, firms outside the United States must have a domestic “agent” in the USPTO in order to provide registration services to their clients. For more than 30 years, we have been providing “agent” services to law firms located abroad. Currently, we provide such services to firms located throughout Europe, as well as Australia, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, Korea, China, Japan, Hong Kong, South Africa, Brazil, the Russian Federation and elsewhere.
- Representing trademark owners and applicants in oppositionA proceeding usually brought by the holder of the same or similar mark arguing that the holder would be damaged by registration of applicant’s mark. Grounds include a likelihood of confusion with the holder’s goods/services. (Click for a more detailed explanation.) and cancellationA proceeding in the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board to cancel a trademark registration on the basis that a mark has been abandoned, or is generic, or was obtained by fraud, etc. (Click for a more detailed explanation.) proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Defending and prosecuting cases of trademark infringement in federal courts across the United States — We provide pre-litigation services (including sending or responding to cease-and-desist letters, assisting the client in gathering and assessing evidence of infringement (or lack thereof), and attempting to settle disputes before they get to court).
- Transactional services — negotiating and preparing licensing agreements, assignments, and other documents related to trademarks.
For any other issue related to trademarks, please contact us by phone or email. We do not charge for initial consultations.