Specimens are required:
- Applications based on use
- Filing an allegation of use or statement of use
- Filing a use affidavit (Section 8)
- Filing a renewal application (Section 9)
One (1) specimen (evidence) showing use of the mark in the United States commerce for each class of goods/services listed in the application or registration. The specimen(s) must clearly show use of the mark with the specific goods and/or services. For word marks, it must be the word that is shown. For design/logo marks, it must be that specific logo form.
Specimens may be in the nature of:
- For goods: labels showing the mark which are placed on or in connection with the goods and/or packaging of the goods; photographs of the mark as it appears on or in connection with the goods and/or packaging of the goods.
- For services: brochures or advertisements showing the mark as used in connection with the services; and/or web pages, or similar marketing materials showing the mark as used in connection with the services.
Specimens may not be:
- Artist renderings, mock up’s, Photoshop or InDesign creations
- Business cards, letter head, envelopes, contracts, etc.
The specimens should be provided to us in JPG or PDF format with the total file size less than 2MB.